As promised many weeks ago, the DIY Seaweed Face Mask Recipe is finally here. Slightly delayed as I try to start jogging again now that it is warming up here. Unfortunately today is snowing, again!
Facial masks can be customized for your skin type very easily. I was feeling a little creasy & greasy, so I needed to whip up a firming, pore clarifying mask. This mask I would not recommend for dry skin.
- 2 Tablespoons of coffee, from the bottom of the cup
- 1 tsp organic sustainable palm oil (palm oil is naturally high in vitamin e, a great option for those of us soy sensitive. If you are worried about the environmental impacts – carefully research your supplier & pay the extra for a earth friendly version)
- 1 tsp spirulina (yes, it’s GREEN!!!)
- a little extra coffee to make desired consistency
- 2 small pinches of bentonite clay (this will refine & detox pores)
- a small spoon of castor oil (not recommended for dry skin, but great for wrinkles & oily skin)
- 2 cool black tea bags, soaked in extra coffee in fridge
and voila, laid down for 10 minutes on my yoga mat. My skin felt wonderful for about 3 days afterwards. The extra mask will last about 2 weeks in the fridge, but spirulina will get stinky!
Ingredients for DIY masks will be on PureNakedSoap, but we will not be selling completed masks because it is more cost effective to mix your own liquids in as needed.