This was an excellent breakfast for dinner meal, my kids even ate it!
Healthy and fast, meets all of my requirements for a good meal!
- 1 Banana
- 2 Tbsp fresh ground peanut butter (you can probably sub another nut butter – but I have a hard time with tree nuts)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 3 Tbsp vanilla (I use homemade vanilla bean & vodka, I love it so I use a lot)
- Bread of your choice, I used 100% ancient spelt sourdough for my kids & rice for myself
- Coconut oil for frying
- Toppings of choice – berries, powdered sugar, syrup
1. Chop Banana 2. Throw banana, peanut butter & coconut water in blender.
3. Add the cinnamon & vanilla, blend until smooth
4. Looks like a thick smoothie & even smells good. Heat skillet, melt coconut oil for frying. Soak bread in mixture, for the harder gluten free breads soak longer than normal. Beware that the banana can cause clumping on skillet, just scrape off with spatula. When temperature is just hot enough it cooks very nicely.
5. Remove when browned. These cook quickly & there is no concern about cooking egg so you can cook as little or long as you want.
6. Serve with desired toppings, these are frozen organic strawberries plain – microwaved 90 seconds at 50% power. That easy!