Fast, easy chocolates? What could be better?
These are a super easy variation on my original recipe, because I was in need of some extra protein and fat the other day.
- 1 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (can also use agave or honey for non-vegans)
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh ground peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- spices & seeds for rolling – I used cinnamon, cayenne, sesame seeds & dried coconut flakes
1. Measure peanut butter into pyrex measuring cup
2. Add coconut oil, place in microwave & melt on high 45 secs. If needed repeat until oil is fully melted.
3. Measure cacao into bowl.
4. Add oil & peanut butter to cacao, stir. Add in sweetener & stir.
5. Once mixture looks as pictured, roll into balls – use a teaspoon or tablespoon to help ensure even sizes. Once rolled into balls you can roll in toppings and spices. Place in refrigerator about an hour. Enjoy!! These are super rich and filling, I find one at a time is plenty!