Roasted Purple Potato Fries, prep time 10 minutes, bake 50-60 minutes.
These are my easy oven fries, made with Blue – Purple Potatoes. The colorful potatoes are full of carotenoids & flavonoids! Carotenoids and flavonoids are pigments, and according to nutritional research, they provide us with many health benefits, including cancer protection.
This is a super easy recipe to make. All you need are:
- Potatoes (whatever kind you want)
- really good organic olive oil
- apple slicer makes life easy
1. Preheat oven to 375º. Start by washing your potatoes, scrub off excess dirt (the best potatoes come with the dirt still on them! That’s how I know they haven’t been treated with any waxes). Than cut your potatoes, I use the apple slicer for super fast chopping!
5. Add the potatoes and coat with olive oil, sprinkle with as much salt as you want. Bake potatoes at 375º for about 25 minutes, than raise temperature to 425º and bake another 25 minutes. Check to ensure they are crispy enough and cooked through before serving.